- The primary role of the Technical Director is to assess sales opportunities, ensure smooth project delivery and set the strategic direction of company’s technological advance.
- The Technical Director is uniquely qualified to understand the big picture of game development. The Technical Director identifies metrics, challenges and sets standards & guidelines, understands delivery and work flow, thinks strategically, and defines and directs the development process. The Technical Director works with the development team as an independent auditor, consultant, and director, reporting to the Engineering department head.
- Directs and supervises design, architecture in respective discipline. Allocates available capacity to R&D activities, ensures technological leadership of company in game industry.
- Leads best practices, standards, tools and approaches in respective discipline
- Supervises and oversees technical aspects of development and production, oversees quality management
- Provides necessary support and guidance for projects assessment, new projects kick off, company technical strategy
- Oversees and manages risks and problems in respective discipline
- Works with client on aspects of engagement in respective discipline (if necessary)
- Involved in people management in case of evaluating professional skills of internal professionals or external candidates. Responsible for hiring decision making in cases for hiring highly skilled technical specialists.
- Mentors and guides developers about technology choices, implementation or design approaches, architecture decisions.
- Mentors Associate Technical Directors and Senior Engineers. Actively contributes to their Roadmaps. Offers regular guidance and direction.
- Participates in bid proposal process. Helps determine engineer selection for new projects or rotations.
- Conducts Engineering “brown-bag” technical discussions or training classes.
- 10+ years of professional engineering and software development experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in software development
- 2+ shipped console / PC game titles or 3+ mobile titles
- Excellent understanding of major management technologies, Agile (Scrum, FDD), Waterfall
- Excellent understanding of Art and Production domains in game development projects
- Experience teaching and mentoring mid-level / senior level engineers
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Reads, writes, and speaks fluent English
- Positive attitude and skilled leadership ability
- Experience working for Game service companies is a plus
- Working with an international team of world class professionals on exciting and challenging projects
- Relocation program for new hires
- Learning & Development opportunities – mentoring, lectures, participationat industry conferences and events
- Medical Insurance package
- Sensible flexible working hours
- Breakfasts, snacks and fruits available during the day, tea and coffee machines
- Friendly team and a friendly environment
- Casual workplace environment in downtown St. Petersburg; including bicycle parking, gym, game and chill-out zones
- Additional benefits – care bonus to cover health, educational and safety needs, three paid days without sick list during a year, corporate parties and team buildings, referral bonuses and many more others
Upload your photo
Please provide an image in PNG, JPG or JPEG format.