Senior Tools Programmer
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps. And as a successful and growing business based in Runcorn Cheshire we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both games and business software
- Self-motivated and inquisitive – happy to challenge the status quo and suggest workflow and tooling improvements
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a typical day this role would involve:
- Creating and maintaining internal tools
- Identifying need for new tools and leading development on those tools
- Maintaining Jenkins servers and setting up Jenkins configurations for new projects
- Collaborating with engineering, art and production teams reduce bottlenecks and automate repetitive work
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Experience developing tools and toolchains for cross-platform AAA games
- Experience working on games from inception through completion
- Experience administering servers and services used by the dev team such as Perforce servers, RECAP, etc
- Experience developing Windows applications using WPF
- Experience creating or maintaining smoke test frameworks
- Experience administering and configuring continuous integration servers, such as Jenkins
- Experience working with automating and integrating art tools such as 3DSMax, Maya, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience creating batch, Python and lua scrips.
- Experience working with distributed build systems such as SN-DBS and Incredibuild
- Experience working with in-house and commercial game engines
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!