Games Tester - Competitive Gaming Development (Quality Verification) (Burnaby, BC)
Join the # 1 Soccer simulation title on the video game market today. The largest project in production at Burnaby, BC location. An opportunity to join this team is an opportunity to make a career for yourself. Heavily integrated with Development partners and QA get to be involved in almost every aspect of video game production.
Quality Assurance Game Testers perform a vital role in game developments. They are responsible for executing formal test plans that address all phases of testing (functional performance, regression, and user acceptance) to ensure the delivery of quality production.
For the upcoming Competitive Gaming Development (CGD) position we are looking for someone with an interest in eSports. Our preference is for one’s who’ve competed or watched eSports events (preferably in soccer. Competitors in DOTA, Hearthstone, Starcraft, or any other game is a plus)
For any Dev support role, I would also value Customer Service experience, and Computer knowledge (if they are a PC gamer or use a PC in their current/past jobs, that would be sufficient to start. Education within IT is a bonus.)
- Strong knowledge of Soccer
- Strong knowledge of World Cup teams
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Capable of understanding complex features/systems and how it applies to the product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong observational skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features
- Proficient in PC use and current generation video game consoles
- Flexible and team-oriented. Should have a good interpersonal and follow-up skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work in group settings under high-pressure
- Support the onsite QA team and any external QA teams as needed
- Execute test plans as directed by the team lead
- Contribute to bug finding, reproduction and reporting
- Contribute to bug tracking and regression
- Reviewing the bug database (open bugs, bug reports, bug estimates, etc.)
- May update and maintain bug tracking databases
- Providing complete and concise feedback on game features
- Through Blackbox, Whitebox, Ad-hoc, Free and End-User Testing
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!