IT Supervisor - Systems
Presentation of the Company
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 27 offices across 16 countries and 3 continents. The organization employs over 3,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 22 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2016.
KWS Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in technical service to the global Video Game Industry, such as KWS Montréal, Alchemic-Dream and Babel. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, EA, Square Enix, 2K, and more!
Objective of the Position
- Own, lead and manage IT Systems infrastructure to provide high availability.
- Manage, lead, motivate, coach and train System Administrators team.
- Assist in project management and implement new solutions.
- Maintaining, supporting and improving IT systems infrastructure.
- Managing systems including but not limited to backups, storage, MS exchange, server monitoring & management.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Leading a team of Senior/Junior system administrators.
- Delegation of day to day work as well as projects to your team.
- Monitor progress of team members and provide active feedback.
- Manage schedule, vacation requests and any admin needs.
- Set goals, evaluate and perform their annual appraisals.
- Ensure team coordination with Network/Helpdesk/PM/other teams.
- Responsible for IT Systems infrastructure.
- Monitoring and maintenance of servers and applications to ensure availability and high efficiency in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Responsible of ensuring full data availability and integrity (backups, disaster recovery, business continuity).
- Lead implementation of new servers, applications to establish new services or for improving existing infrastructure.
- Ensure systems security to protect the Organization’s IP.
- Research, Evaluation and Implementation of new technologies to keep Keywords up to date with Industry trends and advancements.
- Creating documentation of IT setups and keeping them up to date.
- Whenever required, provide backup coverage of all administrator duties and responsibilities.
- Availability and support in order to perform after hour / weekend activities (scheduled OR emergency).
- Availability to work in multiple shifts in a 24/7 environment.
- Work on assigned projects as a team member or team leader.
- Communicate with Client IT team and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Profile and Skills
- Autonomous, ability to take full ownership of a task/issue until completion/resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with multi-site /multi -continental enterprise architecture.
- 10 + years of IT experience with at least 5 years in advanced troubleshooting and team management in an enterprise environment.
- Advance level of experience in a Microsoft environment:
- Windows Active Directory Domain Services
- Windows File Services, GPO, DNS, and DHCP etc.
- Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V cluster
- Windows 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Servers farm
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- Microsoft RRAS
- Microsoft VPN
- Exchange 2013 DAG
- PowerShell scripting
- Infrastructure Backup & Replication
- Enterprise Storage (NetApp FAS, FreeNAS, Synology e.t.c)
- Proxy, LANcaching, Application control.
- Working knowledge of managing Network infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of VMware, vSphere.
- Working knowledge of Linux server’s administration.
- Previous experience working in the Gaming industry.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.