Performance Test Engineer - Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Employment: Contract to Hire
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
A major tech client is looking for an engineer to help with their increased workload. This is your chance to work on a 1st-class cloud product!
You will be supporting their efforts in performance engineering and quality assurance. This will include one or more of the following activities done under supervision of senior engineer(s):
- Performance testing on Azure SQL Data Warehouse using one or more workloads on one or more configurations
- Enabling performance tracking of one or more workloads on Azure SQL Data Warehouse configurations
- Performance/Scalability analysis to root-cause issues and to validate the design alternatives aimed at addressing the issues
- Perform characterization studies to evaluate performance impact of turning a feature on/off and doing experiments to arrive at best practices for a scenario
- Perform competitive studies by running the workload(s) on different offerings by our competitors
- Develop/Enhance tools and existing test framework(s) as needed to accomplish the above objectives
- Strong automation skills on Windows (PowerShell, C#, etc.) or Linux
- Strong Power BI or reporting tools experience.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and GIT repository.
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of Industry experience in design and development of software in one or more of the areas of system, database application, performance QA, test automation, performance analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong programming language skills (C#, C/C++, etc.).
- Strong SQL Skills in internals, administration, programming (TSQL, etc.), query analysis (SQL Plans) and tuning.
- Performance test framework authoring and testing experience using various workloads.
- Familiarity and usage of performance tools in Windows/Linux environments; examples include windows performance monitor, Disk/Network IO test tools.
- Performance Analysis skills focusing on systems, applications, databases, and network to root-cause issues, tune the configuration, and produce characterization reports.
- Familiarity with cloud environments (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) and technologies associated with data warehousing and big data.
- Hardware knowledge covering – multi-core, large memory, IO (San, direct attach, SSD vs HD, etc.), network, etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits