Functionality QA Test Lead - Video Games
Keywords Studios is looking for an experience and responsible Functionality QA Test Lead to join our team at our office located in Katowice, Poland to manage, lead, motivate, coach and train FQA test teams.
Scope of the Role
- The job entails delivery of projects to the highest possible specified quality standards according to schedules and budgets agreed between the Project Manager and the client.
- You will achieve this through the successful regular briefing and daily management of the test team assigned to the project.
- You will be responsible for the creating and executing the project test plan and will be the principle participant in project related meetings held with the Project Manager and the FQA Manager.
- You will also have to communicate regularly and professionally with external clients ensuring that their needs are met and answering any queries or concerns that arise.
- Along with providing clients with accurate end of day reports for that day’s activity, you will be expected to participate in meetings with the client for any project you are responsible for.
- You will be required to set an example to other employees. As the senior member of the test team, it is important you lead by example, initiative and behave in accordance to the core Keywords values.
- As a Test Lead you are responsible for your assigned test team. You have an important role in ensuring that the team is effective, motivated and working in an environment in which they can be as productive as possible. Your teams work is likely to be of a higher quality if they are happy and content within the work place.
- Test Leads are responsible for the regular evaluation of Testers and Seniors, and are required to give in person, qualitative and quantitative feedback on their performance.
- Leads are also responsible for the monitoring and discipline of their test team which includes, but is not limited to, the distribution of verbal, written warnings and other disciplinary actions alongside HR.
- Understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Understanding of Functionality QA and Certification testing processes.
- Understanding of the 1st party submission requirements and certification processes.
- Understanding of a bug’s life cycle and workflow within a defect tracking database.
- Strong knowledge of the title being tested.
- Understanding of QA Strategy and QA Plan building.
- Working knowledge of risk management in the context of the QA process.
- Working knowledge of data driven systems to facilitate decision making.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile, and flexible to change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Listens actively, encourages and incorporates others input.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Works well under pressure.
- Relevant experience in a similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Has relevant IT skills in order to work with different software or hardware required for projects.
- Experienced with all next gen and current gen console hardware and software.
- Experienced with mobile and PC hardware and software.
- IT literate.
- Must be fluent in English – written and spoken.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
- Experienced with platform specific testing tools (Steam, LanForge, Xbox Manager, PS Publishing tools, Xbox GUI).
- Experience with video capture hardware and software.
- Intermediate skills with MS Excel.
- Experience working within MS Office.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
All applications should have written the following clauses:
Administratorem danych jest Sperasoft Poland Sp. z o.o. - Keywords Studios - z siedzibą ul. Na Kozłówce 27, 30-682 Kraków. Dane zbierane są dla potrzeb obecnej rekrutacji, a w przypadku wyrażenia przez Panią/Pana wyraźnej i dobrowolnej zgody także dla potrzeb przyszłych rekrutacji. Ma Pani/Pan prawo dostępu do treści swoich danych oraz ich poprawiania. Podanie danych w zakresie określonym przepisami ustawy z dnia 26 czerwca 1974 r. Kodeks pracy oraz aktów wykonawczych jest dobrowolne ale konieczne do przeprowadzenia rekrutacji. Podanie dodatkowych danych osobowych jest dobrowolne i wymaga Pani/Pana wyraźnej zgody.Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji prowadzonego przez Keywords Studios z siedzibą w Dublinie zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (t.j. Dz. U. z 2016 r., poz. 922)Thank you!