Software Development Engineers in Test are champions of quality for customers. They design, code, and analyze tests that provide an understanding of the end-to-end product/service experience and quality, as measured against standards and specifications. They actively contribute to product design to drive improvements that delight customers and add value to the company. They improve the software development process, manage risks and compromises, and diagnose and resolve issues.
Our client is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer with familiarity with the build systems. Specifically experience with VSTS/TFS/Azure DevOps is a requirement. Experience with Jenkins and groovy is desirable. Familiarity with building software on several platforms is a requirement for this position: we develop software for Windows, iOS, and Android and we have build targets for each of those platforms.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve network automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of distributed build services.
- Contribute in debugging/troubleshooting the complete stack of build services, drive analysis of issues and outages, write software and build automation to resolve production problems with durable system fixes.
- Building high-quality metrics and monitoring logic to enable capacity planning, performance analysis, automated incident creation, and scale-out of distributed, multi-service workflows.
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions toward business and engineering goals.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating software defined network services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements.
- Do whatever it takes to create high-quality, actionable signal out of vast amounts of constantly evolving data in real-time.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent degree/experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with C#, Python, and PowerShell.
- Experience as a service operations/engineer.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery systems. (i.e. VSTS, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience with cross-platform software development.
- Experience in testing, deploying, operating, and/or supporting medium to large scale services.
- Familiarity with using and creating metrics and monitoring dashboards to improve to service performance and reliability.
- Experience with configuration management tools. (i.e. Ansible, Chef, or Puppet)
- Experience scripting build services with YAML.
- Experience with Docker/Cassandra.
- Experience with C/C++ or Java.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure. (i.e. AWS or Azure)
- Understanding of network services. (i.e. DNS, VPN, TLS, and load balancing)
- Understanding of abstraction and inversion of control to ship testable, reliable and maintainable code.
- Familiarity with SQL and Data Analysis.
- Familiarity with Java services.
- Familiarity with big data technologies. (i.e. Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, Apache Spark, CosmosDB)
- Capable of technical deep dives into:
- service and systems design
- data processing and data movement pipelines
- capacity planning
- Ability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity.
- Ability to handle ambiguity.
- Ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
- Great skills in design and problem-solving.
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong opinions about designing cloud-based, distributed systems, but understand that ‘best practices’ must be continually tested and improved upon
- Live and breathe data and know how to use it to deliver world-class, scalable services.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits