Software Design Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA
Contract: Contract to Hire
Hours: 9-5 Mon-Fri (flex hours possible with 9am-3pm core hours)
Our client, a AAA game studio, is look for someone to join their Tools & Automation team, that empowers hundreds of artists to create beautiful cars and tracks that this game is famously known for.
They are responsible for creating and maintaining the critical core systems that affect multiple facets of their studio. They build the editor that allows artists to craft and sculpt their visions into a tangible reality on the gaming platform. They build the infrastructure to enable the performance validation workflows, allowing for them to reach the coveted 1080/60FPS benchmark. They build the technology that allows for the complex automated validation of their art assets and in-game world.
You will work with artists and engineers to define and execute on creating new workflows to allow for the creation of the next-gen features. You will work with a variety of different team to understand their needs and desires, to design and build the necessary infrastructure to support their requirements. You will help deliver the next AAA title.
You will get to work with their content engineering pipeline that artists use to build assets for their award-winning games!
- Bachelor's degree in either Math or Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Background in C#, SQL, and scripting
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Experience building user facing tools and technologies such as MVVM and WPF
- Strong communication and cross-team development skills
- Strong grasp of UX design principles
- Passion for games and drive to create amazing AAA game experiences
- Professional C++ experience
- Experience with complex systems (animation, graphics, game engine, etc.)
- Experience using 3D editors and applications
- Experience working with test automation infrastructure
- Experience with end-user facing software applications
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits