Development Support (Servers and Systems Quality Verification) (Burnaby, BC)
Join the # 1 Soccer simulation title on the video game market today. The largest project in production at Burnaby, BC location. An opportunity to join this team is an opportunity to make a career for yourself. Heavily integrated with Development partners and QA get to be involved in almost every aspect of video game production.
The primary role of our Development Support staff is to work with the Development group and the QA game team. Development Support are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the expectations of the product owner. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include testing, bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums.
- Previous Quality Assurance testing experience (or equivalent transferable skills or education)
- Technical background – diploma/degree or equivalent work experience
- Some experience documenting QA methods:
- Knowledge of test planning; writing test scripts, test cases, and test briefs
- Project progress tracking and reporting
- Previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, Devtrack, Etc.)
- Soccer fanatic
- Someone who knows the leagues, the teams, the players and loves the sport
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Graphic design oriented, social media savvy and/or marketing background is a plus
- In charge of verifying all new content releases before releasing to the public
- Responsible for at least one test area (feature ownership) and become POC for owned feature
- Partners with development and production teams and provide complete and concise feedback
- Contributes to testing and bug writing
- Execute blackbox, whitebox and greybox test cases
- Contributes to test case modification, creation, bug estimates and test planning
- Execute requests from area POCs based on development partners needs
- Update and maintain test plans and/or test cases
- Contributions to QA documentation: Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.