Software Engineer in Test (Burnaby, BC)
The Software Engineer in Test will be working alongside both Quality Assurance teams and development partners to create, maintain, and enhance automation scripts. SETs will be able to provide technical insights and expertise to QA teams in order to ensure higher quality test cases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness of team.
- Owns the execution of test strategy in area assigned; develops test cases for specific features.
- Proactively refining features to eliminate ambiguous requirements.
- Follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for code design.
- Provides feedback to the current automation tool set to improve efficiency in test script generation.
- Design and performs performance/load tests; interprets and acts on results.
- Provides automated testing support through test script creation, verification and refinement.
- Acts as a member of a globally distributed organization that strives for quality across all of EA’s products.
- Performing code-level technical testing, functional testing, and security testing.
- Design and performs performance/load tests; interprets and acts on results
- Develops and executes automated unit testing suites.
- Maintain and create tool sets to help monitor system metrics
Who you Are
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent experience
- Test driven development and mind set (software quality assurance concepts, code coverage/analysis and debugging)
- Good understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to enable fast test case to script translation
- Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables, and timeline
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision
- Ability to identify and possibly resolve performance bottlenecks in complex systems
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize systems
- Analyzing scalability, network throughput and load testing metrics
- Experience with source control systems/management (prefer experience with perforce)
- Experience with online services/servers (HTTP via REST, JSON, XML)
- Quality Assurance experience in software development.
- Familiarity with MySQL or equivalent Database software.