Lead Backend Software Engineer
As a Lead Backend Software Engineer at Lakshya Digital a Keywords Studios, you will be responsible for
- Contribute to the design and architecture for computer game backend systems and/or its major components
- Develop and submit code for highly complex parts of software within project scope
- Document code and define a structure of project documentation
- Debug and optimize code to hit performance targets
- Work in close cooperation with project management on estimates, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Contribute to implementation plans that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables.
- Drive internal and external (client) communications as defined by project plan.
- Define standards for project development processes and monitor implementation.
- Accountable for technical decisions, code quality, efficiency and maintainability.
- Responsible for timely software delivery and team coordination.
- Motivate the team for high performance.
- Assign technical tasks to team members, conduct and drive code reviews
- Provide guidance and assistance when required to his/her team members
- Constantly enhance his/her technological and soft skills and spread the knowledge
- Contribute to Engineering initiatives, like internal R&D, internal education, bootcamps, etc.
- Contribute to career development plans of software engineers
- Conduct technical interviews within company’s hiring process
- Team lead experience in commercial game backend system development
- Solid leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent expertise at least in one distinct backend technologies (Java JDK 8+, Node.js)
- Solid background in relational databases: schema design, SQL, optimization
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP, REST
- Proven background in NoSQL
- Knowledge of Front-end stack (TypeScript, Angular);
- Solid experience in teaching and mentoring juniors and mid-level engineers;
- Good communication skills and fluent spoken English
Would be a benefit if you have:
- Experience working in a micro-service based infrastructure;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Advanced UNIX user
- Shipped 2 or more game backend systems