Senior Functional QA Tester
Keywords (KWS) is the world’s leading provider of technical services to the fast growing, global video games market. Our 5,000 employees in 43 Studios in 21 countries provide graphic art asset production, game development, audio, testing, localization and customer support services to most of the leading video game developers and publishers.
At Keywords, a Senior Functional QA Tester is responsible for assisting leadership in administrative tasks while performing the duties of a tester. You are to aid with the execution of the project test plan by executing test cases while helping others to complete their tasks as well. You are expected to facilitate communication between the test lead and testers, ensuring that the team has everything they need in order to perform their tasks. The Senior Functional QA Tester is expected to work as a team player within any size test team, being able to analyze, evaluate and solve problems for the team.
Contract Length: 6+ Months
- Identifying and logging software defects (bugs)
- Troubleshoot and log hardware and software related issues
- Execute and complete scripted test cases of feature areas
- Perform time-sensitive bugs and feature investigations
- Daily reporting of task progress and bugs logged
- Communicate with testers and test leads about issues and unforeseen delays
- Helping setup and maintain testing work spaces when required.
- Function as a subject matter expert for the project.
- Assist testers in defect logging and investigation.
- Assist leadership with administrative tasks as required.
- Knowledge of MMOG’s
- Fundamental understanding of SDLC and QA
- Experience on Software QA with a Development Studio
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Works well with others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Listens actively, encourages and incorporates other’s input
- Experience working with MS Office
- Experience with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 development kits
- Adept knowledge of PC Operating Systems (i.e. using a command line)
- Familiarity with defect tracking databases such as JIRA