Games Translator - Chinese To English
Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
We are currently in the process of expanding our pool of Chinese to English #Translators and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Translators will be responsible for working closely with Project Managers in delivering high quality translations to Keywords’ clients. Translators may also from time to time be tasked with supporting the Vendor Management team in reviewing test translations
- Translate, review and proofread texts from Chinese to English.
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminologies, create guidelines for the targeted language and perform Quality Assurance tasks.
- Responsible for delivering the best possible quality translations to Keywords customers
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve the goal of optimal translation quality.
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives.
- Support Vendor Management on reviewing test translations.
- Educational qualification in translation, linguistics or related field desirable.
- At least 2 years experience in Translation/Localisation (preferably in the video games or interactive entertainment industry), and/or extensive experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
- Passionate for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English due to communication and documentation work in specified languages.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and linguistics test.