Experienced Tools Programmer
Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat business and grow through word of mouth.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy, when stress is low. Check out our Perks section to see what we do to make you feel more valuable than your work.
We are looking for experienced tools programmers who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.
* Participate actively in the development effort of games
* Design and implement tools/features based on client requirements
* Work with your team to simplify and break down large tasks
* Help establish and maintain a culture of high quality code
* Mentor less experienced developers
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in professional tools development
* Expert in C#, experienced in WPF & Windows forms
* Experience working in large codebases
* Strong knowledge of the MVVM architectural design pattern
* Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of tasks
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Advanced proficiency in both C++ and C#
* Strong 3D math skills
* Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity / Proprietary engines)
* Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario
* Current citizen of Ontario will be favored
* Work in one of Ottawa’s hippest neighbourhoods, Hintonburg
* Work well, not long: enjoy Snowed In’s anti-crunch principles
* Versatile health benefits plan
* Generous vacation time
* Flexible hours
* Strong sense of culture: feel like being part of a family!
* Be part of a world-class development team