We are hiring build engineers
Works with development teams to build all components of a software product, including maintaining batch files and tools, to keep up with changes in the product. Sets up initial build trees, performs, debugs and fixes builds, and promotes official drops including those for Expresso and help builds.
May also be responsible for managing the SQL Server build process and function as a hot-fix engineer.
Works closely with the members of the build team and proactively identifies and implements procedures to parallelize and streamline the build process. May drive the development and maintenance of build automation tools.
May be responsible for managing the build and release schedules with shared components (ODBC, OLE DB) and identifying and driving the resolution of build and runtime errors.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering discipline, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Build Stack (at least 2 of: MSBuild, .NET/C#, Visual Studio, PowerShell).
- 3+ years as a build engineer.
- Strong technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for improving developer productivity
- 2-4 plus years work related experience required.
- Knowledge of applicable build processes required.
- Knowledge of Windows is required.
- Knowledge of Perl and/or C++ preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team required. Knowledge of source code control systems required.
- Source Depot preferred. Familiarity with product development cycle and with international issues may be required. Previous experience with SQL Server and ODBC preferred.